Vietnam officially reopens tourism from 15th March. On the same day, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism promulgated the guidance including requirements for international visitors to Vietnam.
Accordingly, international visitors entering into Vietnam are not required for mandatory quarantine.
Requirements for international visitors to Vietnam
– Have a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method within 72 hours before entry into Vietnam or have a negative rapid test result within 24 hours before departure certified by the competent authority of the country where the test is performed.
– For international visitors entering via land, rail and sea border gates, undergo test for SARS-CoV-2 at border before entry in case of no proof of negative test result.
– Children under 2 years old are not required to be test for SARS-CoV-2.
– Have medical or travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment with a minimum liability of USD10,000.
– Complete a health declaration before entry. (at https://tokhaiyte.vn)
– Install and use PC-COVID application.
– Self-monitor health for 10 days after entry.
– Notify health authority if having signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
– Ensure conditions on exit and entry according to Vietnam’s immigration laws and other relevant regulations when travelling in Vietnam.
Vietnam restored the policies on entry visas for foreigners as before the pandemic outbreak.
From 15th March 2022 to 14th March 2025, Vietnam applies visa exemption for citizens of 13 countries (Germany, French, Italy, Spain, UK and Northern Ireland, Russian, Japan, Republic of Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Belarus) with maximum length of stay to 15 days.